The Artificial Intelligence module introduces the potential of artificial intelligence (AI) – the intelligence demonstrated by a machine when it perceives its environment and takes actions that maximise the likelihood of achieving specific goals.
By deploying the right AI technology, businesses and organisations can save time and money and can innovate by automating routine processes and tasks, increasing productivity and operational efficiencies and making faster business decisions based on outputs from cognitive technologies.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, non-technical professionals who wish to build and demonstrate an understanding of Artificial Intelligence, facilitating engagement with their technical colleagues or their suppliers, or students who wish to add general technical knowledge to sector-specific or general studies.
Build an understanding of the key concepts and potential of Artificial Intelligence
|What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?||
|How does AI work?||
|Common AI examples||
|AI adoption: challenges and potential||
Main learning outcomes
The Artificial Intelligence module consists of elearning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution. On completion, candidates will be able to:
- define Artificial Intelligence and recognise the stages and development milestones
- understand how AI works, including the key principles underpinning AI
- define the terms machine learning, neural network and deep learning and the characteristics of each
- identify the need for AI and recognise examples of how AI supports data mining, natural language processing and decision making
- recognise the limits, ethical guidelines, social and economic impact, as well as the potential and implications of AI
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting- edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.
Digital understanding for business managers
Designed to address the requirement for current and future business managers to develop an understanding of trending and emerging technology, ICDL Insights offers overview modules that are contextualised in a practical way. These short, introductory modules provide the conceptual understanding to allow managers who are not IT professionals to consider the potential of technology and have informed conversations with IT professionals or specialists.
The modules in ICDL Insights are:
The detailed syllabus for the E-Commerce module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.