The 2D CAD 1.0 module sets out the skills and knowledge used to create and manipulate objects or elements in two-dimensional design. It will also covers changing object properties and printing or plotting outputs.
Designers in a range of areas, such as product development or construction, use computer-aided design software to increase their productivity and improve the quality of their designs. The 2D CAD module covers in a practical way the keys skills required to use this software effectively.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to core 2D CAD skills
- Can be applied to a range of 2D CAD software from professional packages to freeware
- Certifies best practice in 2D CAD software use
- Provides a strong level of knowledge that enhances non-technical staff awareness of the fundamentals of 2D CAD, developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Use a two-dimensional design application to create and save drawings, import and export drawings
- Use layers and levels
- Create objects and elements; use selection tools; manipulate objects and elements
- Use inquiry commands, for example, to measure distances, angles, areas
- Set and modify properties; create and modify text and dimensions
- Use blocks and cells; create, edit, and use objects from a cell library; embed or link to objects using OLE
- Prepare outputs for printing or plotting
The detailed syllabus for the 2D CAD module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the 2D CAD module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the 2D CAD sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional modules
Marketing & Communications
Finance & Management
Designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors, ICDL Professional develops advanced level skills for those with technology-reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.