The Advanced Database 2.0 module sets out key database concepts and covers the use of a relational database application to create an advanced database structure and outputs.
The Advanced Database module covers the tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Effective use of these tools to manage and analyse high volumes of data can produce the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
|Database concepts|| |
|Tables and relationships|| |
|Enhancing productivity|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a database application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to retrieve and produce higher quality management information.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
The detailed syllabus for the Advanced Database module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Advanced Database module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Advanced Database sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test
ICDL Professional modules
ICDL Professional is designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors and develops an advanced level of skills for those with technology reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Websites (Coming soon)
Multimedia (Coming soon)
eCommerce (Coming soon)
CRM Systems (Coming soon)
ICDL for Teachers