The Management Spreadsheets module (formerly Advanced Spreadsheets) sets out advanced skills in using the versatile features of spreadsheets to produce reports, provide statistical or mathematical analysis, and manage data more effectively and productively.
The benefit of data-based decision-making is widely recognised. All types of organisation need workers who are able to use spreadsheets effectively – not just for storing tabular data, but for the sophisticated way that spreadsheets can be used to validate, interpret, and present information.
As data becomes easier to source and share, businesses and institutions are increasingly relying on real-time collaboration. Inputting, extracting, and displaying data – internally and externally – is now a common task for workers in all types of role and every sector.
|Formulas and functions|| |
|Validating and auditing|| |
|Enhancing productivity|| |
|Collaborative editing|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Understand advanced formatting options, including conditional formatting and customised formatting
- Recognise which functions to use in formulas, and troubleshoot errors
- Identify the correct chart to display a specific data set, and create or edit such a chart
- Know how to analyse, validate, audit, and protect data
- Understand time-saving features such as linking data, paste special, filters, and macros
The goals of this module
Successful candidates will be able to use enhanced spreadsheet capabilities to produce better reports with deeper data analysis. ICDL modules focus as much on skill acquisition as on the understanding of concepts. Having successfully completed this module, candidates will feel confident managing complex data with spreadsheets and collaborating with others. The syllabus is standardised and vendor-independent, so skills are always transferrable.
This module answers key questions such as:
- What are the more advanced features and productivity gains of spreadsheets?
- How do functions and formulas help with logical, statistical, financial, and mathematical operations?
- What are the different types of chart for presenting data and how are they formatted?
- How is data validated and audited?
- How can data be better managed and understood with sorting and filtering?
- What automations are possible with spreadsheets?
- How is the data in spreadsheets reviewed and protected?
Why choose ICDL?
- Modules cover the key skills and main concepts of financial roles
- Certification is internationally recognised
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world
- Syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities in this sector
- Consistency is maintained by our rigorous quality assurance standards
Other ICDL Professional modules supporting Finance & Management include:
Advanced Spreadsheet – Project Planning
Modules can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile.
The detailed syllabus for the Advanced Spreadsheets module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Advanced Spreadsheets module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Advanced Spreadsheets sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
Digital skills for occupational effectiveness
ICDL Professional is designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors and develops an advanced level of skills for those with technology reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Websites (Coming soon)
Multimedia (Coming soon)
ICDL for Teachers
eCommerce (Coming soon)
CRM Systems (Coming soon)