The Data Analytics module covers the main concepts and skills needed to analyse statistics, prepare data sets, summarise data, and create data visualisations.
As technology is used more and more for everyday activities such as sales, production, logistics, and customer services, organisation are generating large sets of data which can be a valuable resource if evaluated correctly.
This module is suitable for entrepreneurs, managers, or workers who need practical skills in data analysis so that they can deliver business intelligence and insights.
Develop the skills needed to carry out data analysis, including summarisation and visualisation.
|Concepts and statistical analysis||
|Data set preparation||
|Data set summarisation||
Main learning outcomes
Successful candidates will be able to prepare data for statistical analysis. After passing this module, candidates will feel confident using spreadsheets and other tools to present data sets in charts or tables, or using visualisation techniques. They will be able to:
- understand the main concepts of data analytics in business
- apply statistical analysis concepts to data sets
- know how to import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis with cleansing and filtering
- use pivot tables and pivot charts to summarise data sets
- understand data visualisation techniques and tools, and how they are used to create reports and dashboards
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising professionals from all over the world.
- The regularly updated syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of job roles.
- ICDL modules focus on skills acquisition as well as an understanding of concepts.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor-independent so that skills and knowledge are transferable.
- ICDL has rigorous Quality Assurance Standards (QAS) and regular quality audits are conducted internally and externally.
The detailed syllabus for the Data Analytics – Foundation module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Offer ICDL in your organisation
You can use ICDL as a training centre, a school or college, or for your own staff within your organisation.
To offer ICDL certification, you should contact the local ICDL operator in your country.
Find an ICDL course near you
Certifying your digital skills with ICDL is simple:
- Assess your existing skills with a Diagnostic Test
- Build your skills during a course or through learning in your own time
- Certify your skills and earn an ICDL certificate
ICDL Diagnostic Tests, Certification Tests, and courses are available through a network of test centres around Europe.
To get started, find an ICDL Accredited Test Centre near you
Digital skills for occupational effectiveness
ICDL Professional is designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors and develops an advanced level of skills for those with technology reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Websites (Coming soon)
Multimedia (Coming soon)
ICDL for Teachers
eCommerce (Coming soon)
CRM Systems (Coming soon)