The Digital Marketing module sets out the fundamentals of digital marketing. It covers areas such as creating a web presence, optimising content for search engines, using social media platforms, selling online, different types of advertising, as well as monitoring and improving campaigns using analytics.
Digital marketing is a growing sector and workers with these skills are in demand. As businesses access new markets through online channels, they need employees who can help to build their online trading and commerce capabilities.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, entrepreneurs, employees of small- and medium-sized enterprises, students, and marketing professionals who want to build and certify their digital marketing skills.
|Digital marketing concepts|| |
|Web presence|| |
|Social media setup|| |
|Social media management|| |
|Online marketing and advertising|| |
The main benefits of this module
- Understand the key concepts and terms used in digital marketing
- Recognise the importance of different tactics and when to use them
- Identify different tools and platforms and know what they are used for
- Outline the considerations and options for creating campaigns
- Understand insights and analytics and what services are available for measuring them
The goals of this module
Successful candidates will be able to define different elements of digital marketing, understand what goes into a campaign and identify the typical goals used. ICDL modules focus as much on skill acquisition as on the understanding of concepts. Having successfully completed this module, candidates will feel confident carrying out digital marketing tasks effectively and efficiently. The syllabus is standardised and vendor-independent, so skills are always transferrable.
This module answers key questions such as:
- What are the main concepts of digital marketing, including advantages, limitations and planning?
- What web presence options are available? What keywords are appropriate for search engine optimisation?
- What are the different social media platforms and how are the common platforms used?
- How does effective social media management assist in promotion and lead generation?
- How can posts be scheduled using a social media management service? How are notifications set up?
- What are the main advantages and uses of online marketing and advertising, including search engine, email and mobile marketing?
- How can campaigns be monitored and improved using analytics services?
Why choose ICDL?
- Modules cover the key skills and main concepts of digital marketing
- Certification is internationally recognised
- ICDL modules are developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising digital marketing professionals from all over the world
- Syllabus content reflects day-to-day tasks and responsibilities in this sector
- Consistency is maintained by our rigorous quality assurance standards
The detailed syllabus for the Digital Marketing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Digital Marketing module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Digital Marketing sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional modules
Designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors, ICDL Professional develops advanced level skills for those with technology-reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Websites (coming soon)
Multimedia (coming soon)
eCommerce (coming soon)
CRM Systems (coming soon)