ICT in Education
The ICT in Education 1.0 module sets out essential concepts and skills required to start engaging in the pedagogically effective use of ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
Technology brings many potential benefits to education, but it must be used appropriately. Teachers need to use their own experience as educators to make informed decisions about how best to integrate technology. The ICT in Education module helps teachers to make these decisions, allowing them to introduce technology into their teaching practice in a way that enhances outcomes for students.
|Key concepts|| |
|Selecting ICT resources|| |
|Managing the learning environment|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Certifies the key concepts relating to the use of ICT in the classroom.
- Supports educators who wish to start effectively using ICT in their professional practice.
- Developed with input from subject matter experts in the areas of teaching practice and IT user skills.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of using ICT to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment in the classroom.
- Outline considerations for planning an ICT-enhanced lesson.
- Understand safety, security and well-being considerations when using ICT in education.
- Outline ICT resources that can be used to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Understand how to source and evaluate ICT resources to support and enhance teaching, learning and assessment.
- Outline key features of classroom technologies.
- Use key features of a learning platform.
The detailed syllabus for the ICT in Education module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
ICDL Professional modules
Designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors, ICDL Professional develops advanced level skills for those with technology-reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.
The modules in ICDL Professional are:
Websites (coming soon)
Multimedia (coming soon)
eCommerce (coming soon)
CRM Systems (coming soon)