The Image Editing 2.0 module sets out the knowledge and skills required to digital image concepts and to use an image editing application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare an image for printing and publishing.
Compelling images can help when presenting facts, explaining concepts, or influencing sentiment or emotion. Image editing software makes doing this easier – and supports the creation of professional outputs. The Image Editing module certifies best practice when creating, editing, and outputting digital images.
|Using the application||
|Working with images||
|Drawing and painting||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Can be applied to a range of image editing software from professional packages to freeware
- Certifies best practice in basic digital image editing.
- Provides a solid grounding in working with digital images.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the main concepts of using digital images; understand graphic format options and colour concepts.
- Open an existing image; save an image in different formats; set image file options.
- Use built-in options, such as displaying toolbars, palettes, to enhance productivity.
- Capture and save an image; use various selection tools; manipulate images.
- Create and use layers; work with text; use effects and filters; use drawing and painting tools.
- Prepare images for printing or publishing.
The detailed syllabus for the Image Editing module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Image Editing module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Image Editing sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Professional modules
Designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors, ICDL Professional develops advanced level skills for those with technology-reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry.