The Information Literacy module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to identifying, searching, evaluating, organising and communicating online information.
The vast amount of information available online can be used to a key resource when carrying out research, but appropriate knowledge and skills must be applied to do this appropriately. Information needs to be found and evaluated correctly in order to create factually-sound, well-researched outputs. The Information Literacy module builds these knowledge and skills to help you in your research and report creation activities.
|Searching for information||
|Evaluating and organising information||
What are the benefits of this module?
- Certifies best practice in information literacy.
- Covers the key skills and knowledge needed when researching and evaluating topics on the web.
- Can be applied to research and information search relating to any topic area.
- Ensures that you can create factually sound, well-structured, well-researched, and appropriately expressed outputs.
- Developed by ICDL Foundation, a global social enterprise with 20 years of experience in developing individuals’ digital competences.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Determine what online information is needed to meet a particular requirement.
- Search securely for online information using search engines and social media applications.
- Critically evaluate information using a range of criteria.
- Manage and organise information using a range of tools.
- Plan, draft, review and deliver online information.
The detailed syllabus for the Information Literacy module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Information Literacy module and how we test skills and knowledge
Try out the Information Literacy sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Workforce modules
ICDL Workforce is designed to build the digital skills of the modern workplace. These modules will help employees and candidates demonstrate their effective use of technology with skills and knowledge that can be further developed by progressing to the ICDL Professional modules and beyond.
The modules in ICDL Workforce are: