The Cyber Security Module allows candidates to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of ICT in daily life and to use relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
For individuals and for organisations, securing data and information is an increasingly important concern. Data and information are valuable, and you need to have the appropriate knowledge, skills, and awareness to protect them. The Cyber Security module helps you to secure and protect your, and your organisation’s, activities.
|Security concepts|| |
|Network security|| |
|Secure web use|| |
|Secure data management|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
- Certifies best practice in IT security.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft.
- Protect a computer, device, or network from malware and unauthorised access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web; communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications, including e-mail and instant messaging.
- Back up and restore data appropriately and safely; securely dispose of data and devices.
The detailed syllabus for the IT Security module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the IT Security module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the IT Security sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Workforce modules
Designed to build the critical digital skills of the modern workplace, ICDL Workforce is a tiered programme that will help employees with effective use of technology.
It starts with the Essential Skills modules that are important for many other ICDL programmes. The Office Applications modules develop skills that are commonly used in working life. Complementing these skills are the Good Practice modules, which ensure safe, legal and productive use of technology in the workplace.
The modules in ICDL Workforce are: