The Presentation module allows candidates to understand the concept of presentations and to demonstrate competence in using presentation software.
|Using the application|| |
|Developing a presentation|| |
|Graphical objects|| |
|Prepare outputs|| |
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use presentation software.
- Can be applied to a range of presentation software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective presentation software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with presentations and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources to enhance productivity.
- Understand different presentation views and when to use them, choose different built-in slide layouts, designs and themes.
- Enter, edit and format text and tables in presentations. Recognise good practise in applying unique titles to slides and creating consistent slide content by using the master slide.
- Choose, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Insert, edit and align pictures and drawn objects.
- Apply animation and transition effects to presentations, and check and correct presentation content before printing and presenting.
The detailed syllabus for the Presentation module is publicly available, so that there is complete clarity about what is covered.
The syllabus document, which sets out the specific skills and knowledge that you will learn and against which you will be certified, can be downloaded here.
Do you want to better understand the Presentation module and how we test skills and knowledge?
Try out the Presentation sample tests here to get a feel for the coverage of the module, or practice before your certification test.
ICDL Workforce modules
Designed to build the critical digital skills of the modern workplace, ICDL Workforce is a tiered programme that will help employees with effective use of technology.
It starts with the Essential Skills modules that are important for many other ICDL programmes. The Office Applications modules develop skills that are commonly used in working life. Complementing these skills are the Good Practice modules, which ensure safe, legal and productive use of technology in the workplace.
The modules in ICDL Workforce are: